Mental Performance Consulting
Performance consulting focuses on achieving the results that you, as a motivated athlete, want to accomplish. Your goal of performing at your best is very possible! How you can achieve that can come from one or all of the following:
- Reduce the intensity of past painful experiences or traumas, freeing yourself from the negative emotions and sensations associated with them.
- Remove mental-emotional blocks
- Including the “Yips,” which is the severe loss of normal motor skills
- Connect with, build on, and integrate your valued inner resources. Examples of internal resources are:
- Expand your ability to connect to your zone experience and perform in the state flow or “The Zone”
- Focus on and integrate your best performance
- Duplicate success consistently
I work with many athletes who play individual and team sports, such as:
- Martial Arts
- Motor Sports
And I specialize in:
- Golf: A very mental-emotional game; there is plenty of time to:
- Review past mistakes
As the great Jack Nicklaus said, “The game of golf is 90% mental and 10% physical.”
The “yips” are a severe form of pervasive performance problems. Specifically, it is a psycho-neuro-muscular condition that affects many athletes, especially the golfer’s stroke.
- Putting yips are the most common type
- Alternatively, Seve Ballesteros had the driver yips
- Tiger Woods has suffered from the short-game yips
Many people believe that there is no cure for this scary and baffling condition. So, athletes overlook, minimize, or deny pervasive performance problems, especially minor ones. no one wants to have a problem that has no cure.
The approaches commonly used with limited success have been mechanical, mental skills training, and medical.
A cure for the yips. There is a revolutionary, highly effective approach called Brainspotting. It is a simple, brain-based, and client-directed process. It is consistently effective in neutralizing the unresolved traumas that are a significant factor behind the yips.